Thursday, September 13, 2012

Productivity, or something similar to it

I had visited every horse carriage stable in the city by 10am.  It was a mixed feat of walking boots and curiosity.  I didn’t land a job, as I had daydreamed when I hatched this plan in my head yesterday after talking to a carriage driver, but I did get acquire a slip of paper with instructions on getting my carriage license.  So I decided I’m becoming a horse cabbie.  Hell, worse things have happened, and at least I get to wear a sweet top hat.  As long as I pass the free course, of course.  I swung by the ASPCA on my way home and picked up a volunteer application.  By 11:30 I was back in the apartment with nothing left to do until 4 when I have work, which brings me to productivity.  I’ve found the amazing thing about having a dog is I can do absolutely nothing for hours and still feel productive, as long as I did nothing with my dog.  Take Monday for example.  I got stuck in Connecticut because of some DMV troubles and unfortunately ran out of money for puppy day care, so I got stuck with Brooklyn for the day.  Technically, I sat on a picnic bench for 7 hours and drew on my knees.   But because I sat on a picnic bench for 7 hours drawing on my knees AND watched Brooklyn, I felt like the day was some sort of enormous success.  And then there’s today.  I got A LOT done this morning, but since 11:30 I’ve done nothing but watch soap operas (for god knows what reason) and a Merlin marathon on the SyFy channel.  However, because I did this periodically giving Brooklyn treats and talking to him about every bizarre thought that ran through my head over the course of the day, so I feel kinda, sorta, productive.   And that’s all I’ve got to say about that, now I have some Merlin to get back too….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, I'd loveto hear your thoughts!